2018 Cabernet Franc
- Continuing our experiment of blending old world winemaking techniques with new world grapes, our Cab Franc Classic is a beautiful representation of balancing both worlds. We may have borrowed this idea from Opus One who do a fantastic job at doing this style. Shhh. Don't tell them!
- Beautiful balance between the fruit, earth and oak are showcased in this wine. Red fruit and floral notes are balanced with an earthy undertone, and a long finish.
Lake County, CA
100% Cabernet Franc
March 2nd, 2022
Good To Know
- Opus One is the realized dream of two men: Baron Philippe de Rothschild of Chateau Mouton Rothschild in Bordeaux and Napa Valley vintner Robert Mondavi. Their goal was to create and craft a high end wine using Napa grapes but with old world french winemaking techniques. Their creation has a cult following, with their wines fetching high prices.
- Cabernet Franc is genetically the father of Cabernet Sauvignon, with the mother being Sauvignon Blanc.
- Flavor characteristics of the Cab Franc grape range from sweeter notes like plum, blackberry, violets, raspberry and blueberry to the more savory: sage, bay leaf, rosemary, tobacco, bell pepper and eucalyptus.