Sustainability and Amenities
Yonah Mountain Vineyards is committed to being a leader in the Georgia Wine Industry in every way possible and our sustainability initiatives are another example of how we hope to accomplish that mission. Our ultimate sustainability goal is complete energy independence for our farm and facilities.
- 106 kW of solar power which covers 60% of our annual energy usage
- + 17kW added with Pavillion Solar Roof
- 95% LED Low Power Lighting
- 2020 Georgia Clean 13 Water Award Winner
- Official Tesla Charging Destination
- 14 Electric Car Charging Stations
- 13 Tesla HPWC at 16kw, 80amps and 1 - J1772
- Fleet of 3 Electric Vehicles ~ 2 electric golf carts, 1 electric fork lift
- 12 hives producing honey, with room for up to 24 hives
- Queens are primarily Kona Hawaiian bees
- Each hive can produce as much as 40 lbs of honey (Georgia average)
- Electric forklifts have no emissions, which means no harmful gases for employees to inhale.
- An electric lift truck is cleaner, quieter and has a lower cost of ownership than a liquid propane forklift.
- No potentially-hazardous fuel to store.
- 17kW Tesla solar shingles
- 4 Tesla Powerwalls ~ 54 kWh of storage for tasting room
- 1st commercial property in Georgia to install Solar Roof
- Renewable energy that powers the Tasting Room
- Solar Roof tiles are more than three times stronger than standard roofing tiles and engineered for all-weather durability.